Focus on peace for Archbishops’ Message on Christmas Day
RTÉ One: 12.10-12.20pm & RTÉ Radio 1: 1.05-1.15pm
This year’s broadcast Christmas message from the Primates of All Ireland, Archbishops John McDowell and Eamon Martin, will focus on the theme of peace and reconciliation. Mindful that the world is overshadowed by war and conflict in so many places this Christmas, the archbishops will be joined by five guests to talk about the work of peace-making and reconciliation locally and around the world.
The conversations will take a global perspective focusing on international development work, as well as the relationship between the Churches in Ireland alongside local community work. The archbishops will be in conversation with:
- Caoimhe de Barra (Chief Executive, Trócaire)
- Hilary McClay (Education Advisor, Church of Ireland Bishops’ Appeal)
- Dr Damian Jackson (General Secretary, Irish Council of Churches)
- Fr Martin Magill (St John’s Parish, Lower Falls, Belfast)
- Canon Tracey McRoberts (St Matthew’s Parish, Shankill Road, Belfast)
The 10-minute programme will be broadcast at 12.10pm on RTÉ One television and at 1.05pm on RTÉ Radio 1. Filming took place in Armagh earlier this month, and the message will be available after broadcast through the RTÉ Player website – www.rte.ie/player – and the RTÉ Radio Player app.